cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HP Procurve and Cisco 4507

b_ferguson
Level 1
Level 1

Have a customer trying to connect a 4507 and a HP Procurve 4104. We have the cisco setup to trunk encapsulation dot1q and trunking the native vlan, but can't seem to get the HP to communicate. When the Cisco is port is setup as an access vlan port, everything works fine. Reason for trunking is customer has VMWare cluster connected to HPs and wants to change VLANs as needed, tested 1 server directly connected to the Cisco trunk port and it works great, can someone please help me out.

Thanks,

7 Replies 7

Hi Christopher,

To make sure that the procurve switch,Cluster Server and Cisco switch have already been added the correct vlans.

To make sure that the procurve switch has correctly been configured the trunk port.

Just do a show vlan command on both switches.

Hopes this helps

Thot

Verified that both switches have the correct vlans configured...

when you have both switches in trunking mode, does the interface come up on the both switches (connected)?

yes, both switches show up on both ports. from what I have read and researched it looks like HP version of a trunk port is different from what Cisco calls a trunk port.

I want to say that we tried that last night with no luck but I'll have to go back and verify.

ok.

Let me know the outcome.

Francisco.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card