cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMA and network locale error

jtoque
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, i try to upgrade my 4.1(3)sr1 cluster but DMA refuse to migrate the DB because of the following amazing error:

[07:06:29 PM] --- End -- Exporting CCM DB

Failure- Zimbabwe network locale needs to be replaced with a newer version before upgrade.

This message is preventing the DB migration process. There is no Zimbabwe locale available for download.

Have anyone already seen the before ?

Thanks for your appreciate help.

Julien.

7 Replies 7

jtoque
Level 1
Level 1

Seems i have to installed the "combined" network locale available for 4.1(3)sr1. I am installing it, i will update the post for the DMA process.

Julien.

Combined network contains the locale. Works fine now.

Julien.

Julian,

When you fixed this issue, did you simply install the 4.1 Cisco IP Telephony Locale Installer (cm-locale-combined_network-4.1.3.4200.exe) and that was it?

I assume this had no impact to the phones, do you now get extra drop down options in the phone locale option?

Thanks

Jed

Hello, Jed, yes i installed the file you mentioned. Regarding others options in locale parameters, i have not tested before upgradinf the cluster through DMA process.

Regards

Julien

Did you have nay issues with the locale instal? We're getting the following error:

Cisco Unified CallManager local server name was returned empty!

Ensure that the local server's name is correctly configured in SQL Server before retrying installation.

This is described in the locale instal guide as:

Cisco Unified CallManager local server name was returned empty!

Ensure that the local server's name is correctly configured in SQL Server before retrying installation.

However, exactly what needs updating in the SQL database isn't described! Any clues?

The customer has tried creating a publisher by taking the publisher disk and inserting it in a new server, but not connected to a network, so I'm not sure if this is impacting it in any way.

Jed

this link shows you how to do this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_tech_note09186a0080130cdf.shtml

hope this is useful to anyone visting this post

G

Did you install the "cm-locale-combined_network-4.1.3.4200.exe" on all the servers PUB & SUBS?  I was told by TAC that I could just try doing it on the PUB and it should satisfy DMA but it is still failing with the same error.

-andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: