Helpful
Replies

Hunt Group / Line Group Configuration

bolz_icw_
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

maybe somebody has an idea, how to achive the following goal best:

The actual issue is this: We configured a Hunt Group with a belonging Line Group, which contains a few DNs.

The distribution algorithm of this LineGroup is broadcast.

Additional to the already configured DNs, my colleagues want to add two mobile numbers, which isn't possible to add directly to the Line Group of course.

I thought of some different approaches to achive this aim:

1) Add a translation pattern to translate an internal DN to the external mobile number and then add the DN to the Line Group.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to add a translation pattern to my Line Group.

2)

Set up an appropriate CTI route point, with a LINE and a DN. Then configure a call forward all to my mobile number. And finally add the CTI route point to my Line Group.

Unfortunately, also adding a CTI Route Point to the Line Group wasn't possible.

3)

What is possible, is to configure a second LINE to a phone, setting up a call forward all from this LINE to my mobile number and then add this LINE to my Line Group.

But I would rather be independent from a phone configuration.

Has somebody another approach, how to achive my aim?

Thanks in advance,

Joachim

18 Replies 18

agiaccone
Level 1
Level 1

Here's the way I approached a similar issue:

Get to Call Routing->Directory Number and create a brand new DN (not associated to any device).

Put this DN in the right partition and set a Forward All to the external Mobile number (be sure to apply the right CSS both to the DN and the CFA).

You will be able to add this DN to the Line Group, so adding an external number to an Hunt Group.

HTH

Alberto

Alberto,

thanks for your quick response! But to be honest: I don't know what you mean by "Call Routing -> Directory Number"...

Where exactly am I able to create a new DN without any device association?

Just to be on the same side: I use CISCO Callmanager in version 4.2(3).

Thanks,

Joachim

You are right, I worked on a CUCM 6.x box for this issue. There's no such menu on CallManager 4.2.

I'll have access to a 4.x box tomorrow, I'll see if I could find a way to do the same configuration.

As far as I remember (but not sure) in CM 4.x it is not possible to work on DNs separately from devices. However a workaround I'll try will be to create a DN assigned to a fake device, the delete the device and check if the DN is still active (it should be present in the Route Plan Report).

I'll take u up to date,

bye

Alberto

on previous versions it's not possible to create the DNs separately from the devices

the option is to create a dummy phone and assign it a DN with CFA to the mobile

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

just as a confirm, using a fake device with a DN with CFA configured worked on my 4.x box.

alberto

Hi Jaime,

Are you sure that this will work with a Huntpilot->Huntgroup->Linegroup mechanism for 4.x (or other versions)?

As fas as I know this mechanism doesn't follow Call Forward (CFA) statements set on the lines of the Linegroup members. Please correct me if I wrong, this didn't work in the past.

Regards,

Eric

Hi all,

i just configured it like follows:

- Set up a new device including two lines (just a fake, no actual phone)

- Configure both lines inclusive cfw to a mobile number

- add both lines as additional members to my line group

The result was:

As Eric already assumed, unforunately it didn't work.

The cfw itself works when I dial one of the lines, even if the device is a fake. But obviously within the linegroup the cfw doesn't work.

Is there probably another possible approach?

Thanks,

Joachim

haha, you're right i was thinking on something else about i case i have when i posted that. you're absolutely right the CFA is not followed when calls come in from a line group, you will need to consider Mobility Manager or maybe use the final FW destination to something that does have the CFA to a mobile

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

ooops I saw my error too : in my 4.x box there wasn't the final cfa to the mobile, as I was working remotely the person that helped me didn't understand where to put the CFA.

sorry, I think javalenc is right.

Alberto

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Joachim et.al,

This is a tricky one ;-)

Have a look at the following which describes how the settings on individual Line Group member phones are ignored (good job spotting this one guys!);

The concept of hunting differs from that of call forwarding. Hunting allows Cisco CallManager to extend a call to one or more lists of numbers, where each such list can specify a hunting order that is chosen from a fixed set of algorithms. When a call extends to a hunt party from these lists and the party fails to answer or is busy, hunting resumes with the next hunt party. (The next hunt party varies depending on the current hunt algorithm.) Hunting thus ignores the Call Forward No Answer (CFNA) or Call Forward Busy (CFB) settings for the attempted party. This also applies to CFWD ALL settings.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edabe.html#wp1078922

You can probably leverage this setting to route to one or the other of the Mobiles. No way that I can think of to ring both :(

Maximum Hunt Timer

The Maximum Hunt Timer field on the Hunt Pilot Configuration window allows the administrator to enter a value (in seconds) to limit the time for hunting through a hunt list. After the specified time lapses, if hunting has not succeeded, the call gets forwarded to a voice-messaging system, a specific dialed number, or some personal treatment (if configured), or the call gets released.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

thanks for your information.

I limited my configuration to just use one mobile number and configured it like this:

I put the affected IP Phones into my line group.

I set the maximum hunt timer to 10 seconds.

And finally I configured my mobile number as a "forward hunt no answer" destination.

OK, that's not exactly what I tried to achive, because the better way for me would have been to ring the mobile phone simultaneously to my IP Phones.

But anyway - it's better than nothing!

Thanks again,

Joachim

Joachim,

If you're really after the functionality of ringing a mobile phone together with a Cisco Phone, then you have to consider upgrading to Communications Manager 6 and use the Mobility features.

Depending on your needs, it could be possible to use a script with IPCC Express if available... just a brainwave...

Regards,

Eric

Is there a solution for forwarding a call to an external number from a Hunt/Line Group?

We want to be able to call two cell phones and two internal numbers when 1 number is called.

I tried creating a new DN and creating a CTI Route Point.  But neither of them worked.

We are running 7.1.3.30000-1

Not really, members of a line group won't follow any call forward behavior for calls that arrive via the hunt pilot. No way around that.

You can configure SNR to ring the 2 mobiles, but remote destinations cannot be internal phones.

I can't think of a way to ring those 4 destinations at the same time.

You could possible use a line group to ring the 2 internal, and set the CFNA/CFB to another phone that has the 2 mobiles as remote destinations.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: