cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wlc 526 + ap 521 using dhcp on dlink but cannot get an ip

shoulhafiz
Level 1
Level 1

i setup a wlc 526 with 2 521 aps, all of them are connected to the dlink DI-624+ ethernet router which is configured as DHCP. The wireless seems ok, but when a pc connected to the wireless network it was unable to receive dhcp from the dlink router.pls help me to solve this problem

4 Replies 4

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

Since the wireless part works fine between the WLC 526 and the 521 APs, the problem is with the other router which acts as a DHCP server. Check if DHCP has been configured correctly, or try using a different DHCP server.

Michael Ciulei
Level 1
Level 1

At the wlc526 http page, go to controller->advanced->DHCP->deselect Enable DHCP Proxy.

For me it works fine.

thanx man but that doesn't work for me.Finally I just configured a linux box as a dhcp server and everything is working just fine.thx.

Guys,

Some lesser valued dhcp servers will not accept dhcp by proxy as it is delivered by a controller on behalf of the client. To solve this issue then use this command at the cli

config dhcp proxy disable

This will allow your PCs to get a dhcp address from a dhcp server that does not support dhcp by proxy.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card