cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME4.1.1 - Syslog Analyzer SQLException?

jdwattsdk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have quite a few devices that now have theier syslogs going into the Unexpected Device report, after working fine for a while. Turning on Debugging, it seems to find the device DCR id but then has a SQLException occurredjava.sql.SQLException: JZ0C0: Connection is already closed. error, if I'm reading it right.

Any ideas?

Thanks

J

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The database error does appear to be related. If you restart SyslogAnalyzer, does the problem clear up?

I've restart CiscoWorks a few times. It also moves around devices that device is now working again, but others are not - same error in the logs. The messages are from a RSAC if that makes a difference. All Solaris.

Thanks

I have fixed some other database connection issues in recent releases, and this may be covered by that. However, I will have to investigate this particular code path. In the meantime, restarting SyslogAnalyzer alone should work around the problem.

While the bug was opened due to a problem in the BugToolkit report in RME, the same patch should fix this problem for you. If you contact TAC, and request the patch for CSCso14160, this problem should be fixed.

Thanks, will do. Will post back after I receive it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: