cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WCS on 64 bit Windows Server 2003

chris.brunt
Level 1
Level 1

I have been running WCS 4.2.62.0 on Windows 2003 R2 64 bit for some time with no issues whatsoever. Today I attempted to upgrade to WCS 5.0.56.0 and the installation terminates stating that WCS is not supported on 64 bit.

My question is why this is suddenly the case? Also the high-end server spec for WCS states that 8gb of RAM is recommended. This is not possible with a 32bit OS.

Should I reinstall Windows or will there be a 64 bit version of WCS soon?

Server HP Proilant DL380G5 Dual Quad 2.33ghz

4GB RAM

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

WCS only runs on 32 bit Windows.

Sorry, but thats not actually the case as i'm running it on 64 bit at the moment. Its not clear in the release notes because it looks like they are saying that it does not run on 64 bit Linux.

Hi

We have had a similar problem. All our previous WCS software has run on a 64 bit Redhat 4 OS, but once we installed Redhat 5 and tried to install 5.1.64.0 it would't install.

Cisco have seemingly, 'in order to enhance your user experience', stopped WCS installing itself on 64 bit OS. This is a real pain, as when we specced our server based on their WCS documentation, there was no mention of it having to be 32 bit (that we saw).

anyway, this issue is covered by Cisco bug id: CSCsj79103

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card