Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS LAN

Hi there !

I'm trying to configure LAN QoS in a 3560G, but it seems that the config is now working.. (probably I'm doing something wrong...)

I tryied to make it as clean as possible

--- CONFIG ---

mls qos

mls qos map cos-dscp 0 8 16 26 34 46 48 56

class-map match-all CIPC

match access-group name CIPC

policy-map CIPC

class CIPC

set dscp ef

interface GigabitEthernet0/1

service-policy input CIPC

ip access-list extended CIPC

permit udp any any range 16384 32767

permit tcp any any range 2000 2002

permit icmp any any

--- show policy-map ---

#show policy-map interface gi 0/1

GigabitEthernet0/1

Service-policy input: CIPC

Class-map: CIPC (match-all)

0 packets, 0 bytes

offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps

Match: access-group name CIPC

Class-map: class-default (match-any)

0 packets, 0 bytes

offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps

Match: any

0 packets, 0 bytes

rate 0 bps

---

As you can see there are 0 packages in Class-map CIPC..

I'm trying to set all voice traffic and call signalling as EF.

Can you help me ?

Andrei.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The counters don't work. This is a know and well documented limitation with the majority of Catalyst IOS switches. You need at least a Catalyst 4500 SupIV with NetFlow hardware for the counters to work. There are some other statistics available though:

show mls qos interface X/X statistics

show platform port-asic stats enqueue FastEthernet X/X

show platform port-asic stats drop FastEthernet X/X

The statistics on the older Catalyst 3550 were much better in my opinion as these would show you packet counts for classified, policed and dropped packets per interface. The 3560/3750 (& 2960) only have counters for 'in profile' & 'out of profile' when a policer is attached, however these don't distinguish between marked down or dropped, nor do they tell you what DSCP value they were.

Andy

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

The counters don't work. This is a know and well documented limitation with the majority of Catalyst IOS switches. You need at least a Catalyst 4500 SupIV with NetFlow hardware for the counters to work. There are some other statistics available though:

show mls qos interface X/X statistics

show platform port-asic stats enqueue FastEthernet X/X

show platform port-asic stats drop FastEthernet X/X

The statistics on the older Catalyst 3550 were much better in my opinion as these would show you packet counts for classified, policed and dropped packets per interface. The 3560/3750 (& 2960) only have counters for 'in profile' & 'out of profile' when a policer is attached, however these don't distinguish between marked down or dropped, nor do they tell you what DSCP value they were.

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: