cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS simple question - Hopefully :)

phil.wightman
Level 1
Level 1

I am implementing QoS for the first time on a router interface and need to ensure that traffic to and from a certain IP address has gauranteed bandwidth. I have created the class-map and am matching to an Access-Group. I created a policy-map and applid the class-map to the policy map. I have also specified the bandwidth for the policy-map. My question... when I appply the policy-map via the service-policy command to an interface, how do I apply it so it matches traffic in both directions?

So far I have...

service-policy output MYPOLICYMAP

I dont think I can also apply...

service-policy input MYPOLICYMAP

How do I get it to gaurantee bandwidth no matter which direction the packets are going?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Phil,

You are very welcomed, as a rule; all QoS tools are done outbound except Classification and Marking and Policing which can be done also inbound.

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

All the queuing techniques can only be applied outbound, to guarantee BW on both directions you need to apply the QoS on both routers on the outbound direction.

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Great. Thanks for the reply. After I posted the question I thought that might be the solution. Thank you for confirming it for me.

Phil,

You are very welcomed, as a rule; all QoS tools are done outbound except Classification and Marking and Policing which can be done also inbound.

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card