cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ftp traffic is not passing

sbohannan
Level 1
Level 1

i have an ftp site setup that should be passing through my firewall but i am getting an error of no translation group. i do have Nat 0 allowing traffic between interface 1 and interface 2.

I have attached a copy of my config

6 Replies 6

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

A little more info please. Where is the ftp server, where is the client? FTP server address, client address?

Sorry, the ftp server is on the MCI interface (192.199.1.4) the client is an external client that is trying to get some information from our site.

the servers address should be 66.0.132.182, and i should allow any address to connect to it... i use this as a support directory for some of my tech's i have on the road.

Shane

Could you post the error message?

yes this is the error as i see it on the ASDM

"No translation group found for tcp src inside:209.168.194.226/29759 dst mci:192.199.1.4/21"

From the way that the error reads to me the external address is trying to go to the inside interface instead of going to the mci interface as it should.

Shane

It sees 209.168.194.226 as coming FROM the inside interface, not the external. Is this the case?

that is the way that it looks to me but i do not have any such ip address in my firewall nat or route. That address is an external address that i connected to and was testing the ftp server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card