cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 Topology Services Very Slow

sirbaughmf
Level 1
Level 1

I have LMS 2.6 with current patches installed, I have discovered 2366 devices. I have 109 User Defined Topology Groups.

When I try to open a topology group it takes at a minimum 10 minutes to open just the list, not the map...are there performance tuning parameters I can configure? Has this been seen before?

3 Replies 3

akemp
Level 5
Level 5

Well the more groups you configure, the more memory it consumes on the client. 100 User Defined Groups is the top supported configuration so tac will suggest you loose 9 of them to begin with. You can edit the class file to add more local buffer space, but it wont improve the performance. Your best bet is to toss the biggest baddest box you can afford at it as a sacrifice.

I am hosted on a Sunfire V440 with 8G memory and 20G swap, server performance seems to be ok, running about 50% cpu and 3G memory...

My setup also includes SSO between three servers, my Master server doesn't seem to have the performance issue with topology services, just my slaves.

I'm wondering if there might be an issue with that, causing slowness on the slaves????

I'm still seeing these performance issues,has anyone seen this? Anyone with suggestions?

thanks, Marcie

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: