cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Turning off ter mon

ayodejiadeniran
Level 1
Level 1

how can i turn off ter mon. i tried using no ter mon but didn't work.

9 Replies 9

lamav
Level 8
Level 8

Term mon is only enabled by session.

So, closing the telnet session will disable term mon.

jgross
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

try

term no mon

Bye

Jo

Hi,

Agree with Jo, to turn off terminal monitor, use "terminal no monitor" in the enable mode, while to turn off console logging, use "no logging console" in the global configuration mode.

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Mohammed:

Is this something new?

I have always turned on term mon to view console messages and once I closed the session, any new session would no longer have it enabled. It's always been a session-by-session thing for me.

I issue the term mon command from enable mode, not config mode.

VL

Hi Victor,

Terminal monitor is disabled by default (while console logging is enabled by default), and yes it is session specific (on this specific VTY line on this specific session), thus when you enable it, then exit and reconnect it returns to off by default, if you require to disable it without exiting and retelneting use the "terminal no monitor" command, and yes as i've said earlier this is done from the enable mode not the configuration mode.

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

I gotcha.

So, you're saying that, besides killing the telnet session and opening a new one, as I mentioned, you can also disable the term mon session from within the same session by issuing the term no mon command.

OK, never tried that, but OK. :-)

VL

Victor,

Yes you've got it correctly, you are very welcomed :)

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

"term no mon" works on ASR-920-24SZ-M with IOS-XE asr920-universalk9_npe.16.06.02

Gabor Torok
Level 1
Level 1

I would add few answer as solution, but unfortunately i'm not the questioner.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card