cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VoIP over P2MP

skhirbash
Level 1
Level 1

I am in the process of designing a Wireless solution to connect 2 separate buildings that are hard to wire. In the design, I have a central building that will home all of the networking devices including, wireless bridge, and the gateway. This is the building where I will put the central bridge and a directional antanna. My question is, how should I connect the other 2 buildings to this central building?

Would it be with one cental bridge and antanaa to connect the other 2 buildings (P2MP)? Would this allow full-duplex for each connection?

Would it be with 2 cental bridges and 2 directional antannas to connect to the 2 separate buildings (P-to-P) to allow full-duplex for each connection?

Thanks for the prompt response,

sK

2 Replies 2

gmarogi
Level 5
Level 5

Wireless is always a Half Duplex connection. If you are concerned about speed you can have 2 point - point connection. But the Bridge at the centre needs to have dual Radios. If you are concerned about the cost You can go for point - Multipoint with single Radio in the Bridge at the centre.

Hi SK,

How far are these buildings from the central location? Based on that we can calculate the link bandwidth with p2mp connection.

For this you can look for 1300 G Bridge at the central location and 1200/1300 G radio bridges at the remote location.

If you are looking for p2p then have a look at 1240 AG accesspoin which can be configured as a bridge. Have A radio connectivity with one building and B radio connectivity with the other. At the remote buildings you can have 1200 A radio AP configured in bridge mode and 1231G AP configured in bridge mode respectively.

-> Sushil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: