VoIP over P2MP

Unanswered Question
Apr 15th, 2008

I am in the process of designing a Wireless solution to connect 2 separate buildings that are hard to wire. In the design, I have a central building that will home all of the networking devices including, wireless bridge, and the gateway. This is the building where I will put the central bridge and a directional antanna. My question is, how should I connect the other 2 buildings to this central building?

Would it be with one cental bridge and antanaa to connect the other 2 buildings (P2MP)? Would this allow full-duplex for each connection?

Would it be with 2 cental bridges and 2 directional antannas to connect to the 2 separate buildings (P-to-P) to allow full-duplex for each connection?

Thanks for the prompt response,

sK

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
gmarogi Mon, 04/21/2008 - 11:24

Wireless is always a Half Duplex connection. If you are concerned about speed you can have 2 point - point connection. But the Bridge at the centre needs to have dual Radios. If you are concerned about the cost You can go for point - Multipoint with single Radio in the Bridge at the centre.

Sushil Kumar Katre Thu, 04/24/2008 - 02:23

Hi SK,

How far are these buildings from the central location? Based on that we can calculate the link bandwidth with p2mp connection.

For this you can look for 1300 G Bridge at the central location and 1200/1300 G radio bridges at the remote location.

If you are looking for p2p then have a look at 1240 AG accesspoin which can be configured as a bridge. Have A radio connectivity with one building and B radio connectivity with the other. At the remote buildings you can have 1200 A radio AP configured in bridge mode and 1231G AP configured in bridge mode respectively.

-> Sushil

Actions

This Discussion