cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

800 Number Translation

victor2008
Level 1
Level 1

In a scenario with 10 digits being sent to the voice gateway from ISDN PRI carrier, does the carrier translate an 800 number to a local DID of the customer? Or does the customer take the full 10 digit 800 number decide what to do with that number?

thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

that depends on the telco, you can check with them how many digits they're going to send you or you can run some debugs to find out yourself

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm not sure if this is always the case, but in my experience, the 800 number is simply pointed at another incoming number on the PRI.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

that depends on the telco, you can check with them how many digits they're going to send you or you can run some debugs to find out yourself

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm not sure if this is always the case, but in my experience, the 800 number is simply pointed at another incoming number on the PRI.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

s5rch
Level 1
Level 1

Victor2008,

When you order a Toll Free number you have to give the Telco a dnis or term to point to. If its a Megcom you can point it to a "term" (i.e. if you use AT&T Route It). If its a Ready line you can point it to a DID from the location the call is coming into.

If you choose to point it to a DID then you will have the appropriate Dial-Peers setup in your router to send it off to an IVR/CVP or a telephone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: