cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Push To Talk(PTT) for 7921

brandon00
Level 1
Level 1

I saw where the 7921 phones can support Push To Talk functionality. Being a newbie to programming xml services I was wondering if anybody had any source code they could share to help me out. I've searched all over and basically found nothing except different articles saying this is possible but no instructions on how to set it up.

I've played with using the execute and response items but to no avail. I'm basically looking for a way our maintenance guys can use these phones as walkie talkies. Any help would be appreciated.

3 Replies 3

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Could you detail what you're doing with the executeitems?

caflippo76_2
Level 1
Level 1

you need this application IPTA-PTT-50 for it to work, it requires a server and of course it is not free. You should be able to demo it for free though. I have not tried it yet.

Have you had issues with the 7921 holster clips breaking? They are all breaking on me and I am looking for a new clip solution.

Yeah it seems that as soon as I handed out the clips they were returned broken the same day. We had to go back to using old cell phone cases.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: