Views
Helpful
Replies

Location Tracking - Clients work, tags don't

trevorwilson
Level 1
Level 1

Running WCS 4.2, WiSM 4.2, 2710 4.0.32.0

When I click on Monitor, Tags, I can see that it's tracking close to 150 Aeroscout tags. None show up on maps however. Clients will, just not the tags.

What's interesting is if I click on one of the tags, I get the first screenshot posted. Essentially it tells me that the floor reported by the location server cannot be found in WCS. Then if I click on the Location History for that particular tag, I get the same prompt, yet I can see the history on the correct map. I also included that screenshot.

I've synchronized the servers, and I know the tracking is working (based on clients and tag histories), it's only current data that doesnt' show up. Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

bwilmoth
Level 5
Level 5

Is the WCS machine being used for any other applications/services otherthen WCS ?.As a workaround do a sync between WCS and LOC one floor at a time

wackerk24
Level 4
Level 4

Did you find a solution to this problem? I'm seeing the same issue.

From Tac, they had me clear out the database and start over (all historical data is deleted):

1. stop the service :

service locserverd stop

2. delete server-eng.db

/opt/locserver/db/linux/server-eng.db

3. service locservd start

4. check the status with : /etc/init.d/locserverd status (stop / start)

Thanks for getting back to me Trevor. That's what I had the client try after posting and this cleared the issue for them as well.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card