cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1510 Mesh Network Setup

bret
Level 3
Level 3

We recently had a project where we were going to create 4 different wireless networks across the country and use 4400 controllers at each site. We had the controllers payed for, along with all the 1242, and 1510 APs. Then we ran into a speed bump with our handhelds and the vendor of the handhelds told us we need to upgrade our controllers to 4.2. I know a lot of you are already thinking well then you need a separate controller for your 1500s, and you are absolutely correct. So now I am trying to re-engineer the design by maybe bringing the controllers back to my corporate office and running my aps in HREAP, but unfortunately the clients will be doing a lot of roaming and this may not be a good idea. Then there is the problem of the 1510's, if I dedicate a controller to them, can I have the controller reside at our corporate office and still connect the 1500's across the wan in a mesh configuration, given the fact they only run in local mode? Please can someone help? I guess I want someone to say you can run the 1500s in local mode with this configuration, but I have a feeling that is not gonna happen.

Thanks in advance,

Bret

1 Reply 1

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

The answer to your query is Yes. You can connect your 1500 APs in local mode. This setup will work just fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card