cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS4.1 authentication

niro
Level 1
Level 1

I'm setting up ACS 4.1 and I'm running into a problemw ith command authorization on a PIX firewall. After all the configs on the PIX and setting up the group and device on the ACS 4.1 server, I'm able to login to the PIX with my windows username/password. Once I'm in, I'm able to get into enable mode (with the enable password), but once I'm in enable mode I can't type any command...I get command authorization failed. I check the ACS server and I see myself sucesfully log in in the logs, and then in the failure logs I see this:

04/13/2008 09:11:08 Author failed enable_15 Default Group 0.0.0.0 (Default) .. User unknown ..

Why would it try to authenticate enable_15?

What part of the config on the acs server am I missing?

Also...if I add an internal user in ACS named enable_15 and add him to the right group, everything works fine...but I don't think I should have to do that.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

In Pix to make command authorization work you need to set up enable authentication.

So make sure you have this command in pix,

aaa authentication enable console TACACS LOCAL

Now it should work fine.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

In Pix to make command authorization work you need to set up enable authentication.

So make sure you have this command in pix,

aaa authentication enable console TACACS LOCAL

Now it should work fine.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

That was it...thanks alot for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: