Helpful
Replies

Analog modem and Cisco 2801 with VIC-4FXS/DID card

branko
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need help with this.

I have FXS card on router and analog phone connect to it.

For outgoing calls I use VIC2-2BRI NT/TE card.

I configured dial-peers, and calls are sucessful in both direction (outbound/inbound).

When I try to connect via analog modem (in my laptop, connected to FXS card)to the internet, the connection failed.

Does anyone has needs for connection like this?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Please configure network-clock-select 1 bri 0/3/0.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have network-clock-participate and select for the slot where the bri card is ?

Yes I have.

Here is attached part of configuration.

Just simple case. Analog phone has number 1234.

When someone from outside call our number 348800, the call is transfered to the analog phone.

And, of course, analog phone can also dial outside.

But, modem connection does not work.

It dial desired number, BRI channel come to "up" state and call is lasted for about 60 sec, but no modem connection is made.

Please configure network-clock-select 1 bri 0/3/0.

Thank You very much for help.

rseiler
Level 3
Level 3

Modem capability over analog to digital voice ports was not supported until very recently (12.4(4)T IOS) with modem relay. If you don't have modem relay configured under 'voice services voip' using NSE force then this most likely will not work.

The same used to be true with fax machines, have you confirmed that a fax machine works?

There is no modem relay in this case, being both local pots ports, the call is hairpinned.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: