cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7911 with 2 7914 modules help

ksuchewie
Level 1
Level 1

I purchased a 7971 phone and 2 7911 modules to act as a switchboard for an operator. I was wondering if there was a way to combine the speeddial/line addition into 1?

I like how when you add it as a line, you can see if it is in use by another person.

But I also like how when it is set as speedial you can easily transfer the incomming call to that person.

Is there a way to combine both of these features?

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Matthew,

If this is CME;

Monitor Mode for Shared Lines

In Cisco CME 3.0 and later versions, Monitor mode for shared lines provides a visible line status indicating whether the line is in-use or not.

When the line is in use, it cannot be used for incoming or outgoing calls. A monitor-line lamp can be off or unlit only when its line is in the idle call state. The idle state occurs before a call is made and after a call is completed. For all other call states, the monitor line lamp is on or lit.

The line button for a monitored line can also be used as a direct-station-select for a call transfer when the monitored line is in an idle state. In this case, the receptionist who transfers a call from a normal line can press the Transfer button and then press the line button of the monitored line, causing the call to be transferred to the phone number of the monitored line.

For configuration information, see the "SCCP: Assigning Directory Numbers to Phones" section.

Monitor mode is intended for use only in the context of shared lines so that a receptionist can visually monitor the in-use status of several users' phone extensions; for example, for Busy Lamp Field (BLF) notification.

The following example shows a monitor-line configuration. Extension 2311 is the manager's line, and ephone 1 is the manager's phone. The manager's assistant monitors extension 2311 on button 2 of ephone 2. When the manager is on the line, the lamp is lit on the assistant's phone. If the lamp is not lit, the assistant can speed-dial the manager by pressing button 2.

ephone-dn 11

number 2311

ephone-dn 22

number 2322

ephone 1

button 1:11

ephone 2

button 1:22 2m11

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmespeed.html#wp1035362

Hope this helps!

Rob

If you are running CCM let us know what version :)

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

I am running CCM 4.2.1

Hi Matthew,

I'm sorry, I must not have explained this properly (my bad!) This feature is not available in CCM 4.2(1) It is available in Callmanager Express (the notes I sent previously) or The feature you need DSS/BLF is available in CCM 5.x (and later). You will have to wait until your next upgrade to CCM 5.x or more likely 6.x

So you have two choices here, either configure the Button as a Shared Line (to see the status) or as a Speed Dial to the user, but in CCM 4.2 you can't have both.

In CCM 5.x this is a traditional BLF (Busy Lamp Field) which is used to monitor On/Off Hook, Busy/Idle conditions on users phones, as well as having a Speeddial functionality for fast dialing and Transfers.These keys can't be used to answer actual calls.

Cisco Unified CallManager Speed Dial Presence

Cisco Unified CallManager supports the ability for a speed dial to have presence capabilities via a busy lamp field (BLF) speed dial. BLF speed dials work as both a speed dial and a presence indicator.Only the system administrator can configure a BLF speed dial; a system user is not allowed to configure a BLF speed dial.

States are:

Idle

Busy

Unknown

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a008070bc02.html#wp1070507

So you have basically a speed-dial button that also lights up when the person is on the phone.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: