cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 6.1 h323 Route-plan

sun_sazanov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I have CCM 6.1 and connected over h323 gw 2821 with module vic2/4fxo. I want create for prefix 9 user can call over port 0 and 1, for prefix 83 user can call over port 2 and 3. I configure this on CCM, but i don't know how configure this dial-peer on 2821. You can help me whith this problemm?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kbelter
Level 1
Level 1

I believe that since this is a h323 gateway, your options will be limited. Here are my thoughts:

1. Convert those ports on the gateway to be MGCP so UCM can control this and you can then use UCM to limit who can dial what. You can run a gateway with h323 and MGCP at the same time. I recently did this at a customers site so the analog ports on a 2821 could have voicemail. I have another thread in the forums where I asked if/how it could be done.

2. When the call goes throug UCM, prefix the number called with something that will designate what ports can be used. Then in the h323 router, setup dial-peers that point to the port (multiple with preference for each) that strips off the prefix. This way you would have for example prefix UCM 801 and 823. Then in router have 4 dial peers:

dial-peer voice 8011 pots

desination-pattern 801"then whatever"

port 0/0/0

dial-peer voice 8012 pots

port 0/0/1

pref 1

dial-peer voice 8231 pots

port 0/1/0

dial-peer voice 8232 pots

port 0/1/1

pref 1

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

kbelter
Level 1
Level 1

I believe that since this is a h323 gateway, your options will be limited. Here are my thoughts:

1. Convert those ports on the gateway to be MGCP so UCM can control this and you can then use UCM to limit who can dial what. You can run a gateway with h323 and MGCP at the same time. I recently did this at a customers site so the analog ports on a 2821 could have voicemail. I have another thread in the forums where I asked if/how it could be done.

2. When the call goes throug UCM, prefix the number called with something that will designate what ports can be used. Then in the h323 router, setup dial-peers that point to the port (multiple with preference for each) that strips off the prefix. This way you would have for example prefix UCM 801 and 823. Then in router have 4 dial peers:

dial-peer voice 8011 pots

port 0/0/0

dial-peer voice 8012 pots

port 0/0/1

pref 1

dial-peer voice 8231 pots

port 0/1/0

dial-peer voice 8232 pots

port 0/1/1

pref 1

Thanks.

Karl,

Would it be possible for you to give me the URL of the discussion thread you had regarding this issue.

Thanks & have a nice weekend.

Abhijit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: