Views
Helpful
Replies

Error Encountered using Ciscoworks to do an IOS Upgrade

stephenshaw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

here's the scenario ........ using CiscoWorks LMS 3.0.1 (latest and greatest version for all apps) on a Windows platform. I did a test of an IOS code upgrade on a 2950 switch. Everything went great until it was time for the reload to occur. No reload happened even though I have configured and, specifically, wrote to memory the "snmp-server system-shutdown" command. Any thoughts as to what I've done incorrectly, if anything? Is there another command I'm missing on the 2950? Thanks, Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This view is not sufficient to allow writing to the OLD-CISCO-TS-MIB (which is used for reloads). You should consider using the built-in view "v1default" as your write view. Alternatively, expand view1 to include the cisco branch.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will also need to have SNMP read-write credentials on the device as well as in DCR. Other than that, without the SoftwareManagement debugging enabled and the job directory, I cannot say why the switch was not reloaded.

Thanks for your response. RW access is granted in both the switch and DCR. I'm using SNMPv3 parameters similar to these statements (passwords have been changed):

snmp-server view view1 mib-2 included

snmp-server group cmtest v3 priv write view1 access 98

snmp-server user cmtester cmtest v3 auth sha Cisco123 priv des56 Cisco1234 access 98

Is it possible with "mib-2 included", I haven't granted the appropriate rights to permit the reload?

Thanks,

Steve

Anyone out there using SNMPv3? Do I need a different parameter for the RW access to allow for a reload?

This view is not sufficient to allow writing to the OLD-CISCO-TS-MIB (which is used for reloads). You should consider using the built-in view "v1default" as your write view. Alternatively, expand view1 to include the cisco branch.

Thanks, this has solved the issue - just confirmed it this morning by doing another IOS upgrade using the "v1default" view and the switch rebooted properly.

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: