cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS Guidance

Rick Morris
Level 6
Level 6

I have not done much QoS, other than rate limiting.

I am looking for a solution to help with a nationwide project.

We have over 100 locations, all have 2811, running DMVPN, running VoIP, running in SRST Mode with all phones registering to CUCM 6.1

We have an application that will be a public resource that will need priority traffic, as well as VoIP calls.

What are some of the best options for QoS?

I could do rate limiting but I want all available bandwidth and not force that type of traffic to only get a specified amount of bandwidth.

does that make sense?

4 Replies 4

cisco_lad2004
Level 5
Level 5

U can use CBWFQ

1-You have to identify your traffic classes, and decide how many you want to have.

2-you decide on how much BW needs to be allocated to each class.

3-make sure VoIP uses LLQ.

You can typically allocate to all your classes 75% of total BW.

with CBWFQ Bandwith command, if a class is not using its allocated ammount fully, it can be shared with the other classes.

For example, u might have:

Data class 40%

VoIP class 15%

Internet Class 30%

if data is only using 20% the rest will then be allocated to Internet.

HTH

Sam

right now we just entered in Auto QoS.

When we look at the settings, config suggestions, it appears to be the same as discussed above.

Is this true, does AutoQoS do the same as the CBWFQ?

AutoQoS should really just be used as a template and suggestions as to how to set things up.

But as the old saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? :)

PAUL TRIVINO
Level 3
Level 3

Send me an email at ptrivino@arrowheadgrp.com and I'll send you my QoS templates which have been developed for 90% of what you want to do. I have some standard notes I'll send then you can ask more questions.

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card