cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internet Access Through ASA 5520

adcorbett_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello - I tried tackling this before when I had a PIX 515 and never got it to work. Now we have replaced the 515 with an ASA 5520 and I still can not get it to work. Here is the issue. I have a 15Mb Verizon FIOS (fiber - hand off ethernet). I have that plugged into my ASA. I can ping out to the internet from within the ASA, but cannot get out from any device behind it. My client machine can get to its default gateway and can ping the inside interface of the ASA, but nothing beyond it. I am attaching my config, please let me know if you see anything I am doing wrong. I tested the FIOS line without the ASA and I can get out to the internet no problem. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
5 Replies 5

srue
Level 7
Level 7

no nat (Inside) 0 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

and...

nat (Inside) 1 0 0

Those did it..thanks guys!

Thanks Andy, glad it helped, just so you know you can rate multiple posts.

Andy,

I also have FIOS and I'm trying to do a similar config with a PIX 506E plugged into Verizon's modem. Did you use your DHCP-assigned IP on the ASA's external (internet-facing) interface? Is the ASA plugged directly into the modem's switch?

Thanks!

Jad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: