Uninstalling a Unity 4.2 server with Exchange 2000 co-resident

Unanswered Question
Apr 16th, 2008

In my new position I inherited a Unity server with Exchange 2000 co-resident. I've completed a migration of all of the mailboxes to another server that is partnered with the corporate Exchange servers instead. I would like to decomission the old server so that 1) Exchange is removed gracefully from AD and 2) Unity is removed properly as well. Can anyone recommend a document or tool?

-Shikamaru

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Tommer Catlin Wed, 04/16/2008 - 12:18

Do you have the new Unity server already in place as well? Or just removing Exchange from Unity?

shikamarunara Wed, 04/16/2008 - 12:32

The new Unity server is already in place and all of the subscribers have been moved from the old one to the new one.

-Shikamaru

shikamarunara Wed, 04/16/2008 - 12:52

Unity servers in a single domain are aware of each other and share information. My experience is that when a Unity server is removed, the reference to it by the remaining servers remains. Isn't there something that needs to be done to remove it properly?

-Shikamaru

Tommer Catlin Thu, 04/17/2008 - 07:39

If the Unity servers are Digitally Networked, then you have to remove digital networking. (basically delete all the dialing domains, etc) But as for Exchange, this a Microsoft issue. You need to decommission the Exchange server properly or you will have issues on your new server. (free/busy errors, public folder replication, etc)

Actions

This Discussion