cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

location appliance down

bmarms
Level 1
Level 1

WCS is reporting that it cannot communicate with my location appliance. I can ping the appliance, I rebooted while connected via the console and did not notice any errors upon bootup. Is there anything that can be done via WCS to initiate this connection? Is there anything on the location device itself? Wanted to check here before placing call to TAC.

4 Replies 4

gmarogi
Level 5
Level 5

The default port number used by the Location Appliance to communicate with the Cisco WCS is 8001. Ensure that this port is not blocked in the pathway. Check the compatibilty between WCS and WLC. Check the compatibilty at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6386/products_qanda_item09186a008078ece3.shtml#qa2.

Delete the snmp and recreate it on both the wcs and the loc app. See if that works.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

While the WLA may be pingable, the locserv process may not be running.

You can always check this by using the 'getserverinfo' command. If you get Java output then the process isn't running or has problems.

You can check with ps -ax | grep locserv. If you see nothing, it isn't started. You can restart the process with /etc/init.d/locserverd start.

If this doesn't work, there may be some errors in the database. In this case, we may need to delete the database. Before doing this, you may want to grab the logs (/opt/locserver/logs) and open a TAC case.

ps -ax | grep locserv (kill anything that remains- "kill -9 ")

cd /opt/locserver/db/linux

rm -f server-eng.db

-go to cd /opt/locserver/installers

-Uninstall the current version

-Install again

/etc/init.d/locserverd start

/opt/locserver/bin/getserverinfo

Hi Guys,

I am also having similar issue but my LOC appliance is not down all the time infact for a short while my WCS sends me e-mail alerts stating that my LOC (IP address) port 8001 is down and after a while come back again and again repeating same alarms after few hours interval.

I wonder if any expert could help me here to dig out this issue....

A bunch of thanks in advance.

Thanks and Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card