cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM in one location, Unity at remote location - Codecs quesion

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If I have CUCM at location HQ and Unity at location Remote. I want to use G.729 as my codec.

Would I set this in the Device Pools and Locations to use this codec on the Voicemail Ports in CUCM? (Of course also, check Unity for G.729.)

Or is this automatic in the TSP configurations? For instance, if i set Unity for G.729, does CUCM know to send the call to Unity as G.729 or would the device pool / locations in CUCM tare of this? (Regions opps!)

Thanks much!

3 Replies 3

a.cruea1980
Level 3
Level 3

Well, if you set it in your Regions, when your users call voicemail, their phones should connect with g729.

As for incoming calls from the PSTN? Well, you could set g729 up as your default codec in your gateway I believe.

And if I remember correctly, Unity uses g729 by default. I could very well be wrong, though.

Yeah, that is where Im a little fuzzy. I know you can set your message to record at G711 or G729, but I cant recall for the life of me what is best practice for this type of config

I found my own answer here:

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/upgrade/guide/ex/5xcuruge070.html

Thanks though for your help!