cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.0.1 high cpu usage

marco.mazzoleni
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new Unified communication manager installation on tha msc 7815-I2 server.I have about 100 users/phone. I have a great problem , random cpu usage of the server go up until 99% and then phone that are not registered cannot register . I have to restart ccm service to came back to normal operation. A lot of my users use extension mobility. And they also cannot connect or disconnect during ccm cpu problem. Phone that are already registere seems work correctly. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm Desperate

11 Replies 11

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

What is your exact version of callmanager? I found two bugs I think might be the culprit. CSCsl71487 and CSCsi84173 Please check these two bug. This is only happens on IBM servers that have the SCSI RAID controllers installed and IBM Director 4.20.2 installed which is part of OS 2000.2.7, 2000.4.1 and 2000.4.2 MCS OS versions. Do not use IBM Raid or the complete IBM director software.

I have Cisco Unified Communication Manager 6.0.1 . This system is linux based and also I have 7816I server that not have raid system. So I think that these bugs do not apply to my situation.

Thank you.

Marco,

We had this issue also. What 6.0.1 version do you have. We had to get a patch from Cisco do sort this. Did you manage to get it sorted

Regards

Paul

Hii

I have same problem but I am using CCM 5.1. please help me. how to resolve the High CPU Usages?

Thanks

madhab

madhab,

Cant find an issue with 5.1 apart from when used with a VG224 but as 5.1 is not the best I would suggest uograding to 6.0 or even 6.1 as soon as possible

cheer

P

hii.

I am not using any VG224 because I am using non gatekeeper inter clustering.

thanks

Madhab

benoit.evrat
Level 1
Level 1

I've got exactly the same problem.

When we use extension mobility the CPU go to 100%.

The only way to correct it is to restart CCM service...

If a user try to connect to use EM service when the CPU is about 100%, the registration failed.

I am sure that extension mobility service is the problem.

I Upgrade CUCM from 6.0.1.2000 to 6.0.1.3000-7 but it didn't solve this issue.

Somebody have an Idea ?

Hi,

Are you able to upgrade to 6.1.1 or 6.1.2, I know the issue was resolved in 6.1.1

Thanks

Paul

Yes I can Upgrade the node.

Is it possible to give me the software bug ID or case about this problem ?

Regards,

Benoit

Benoit,

I think it may be this CSCsj6237, but there are other similar, do a search of the bug tool using high CPU as the keyword.

Thanks

Paul

Hi,

This ID doesn't exist on cisco web site.

Could you write the content of this issue maybe?

Regards,

Benoit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: