cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Export user tracking report to csv not working in 3.0.1

joseph.filipek
Level 1
Level 1

After selecting the number of rows, a new window pops up then disap disapears leaving us with no csv file to download.

26 Replies 26

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This typically has to do with having pop-up blockers enabled, or you have a handler configured in your browser for CSV files. For example, you may have configured CSV files to open automatically in Excel, but Excel is not working for some reason.

Local testing with IE and Firefox indicates that CSV export from UT 5.0.2 does work.

Attatched is the screen that shows the error.

There is no utHostPt.do file on the server.

It has nothing to do with excel as the file is not created.

Ah, you are seeing CSCsl24267 which will be fixed in CM 5.0.3.

Symptom:

This is easily reproducible only on LMS 3.0 when exporting User Tracking entries to a CSV file.

Steps to reproduce the problem:

Web into LMS-->Campus Manager-->User Tracking-->Report Generator-->generate an end host report-->click on the export icon on right top corner, you will see the following error message:

Internet Explorer cannot download file UTHostPT.do from lms-servername

Conditions:

This is only an issue with the new Campus Manager 5.0.1 in LMS 3.0 using SSL with IE. LMS 2.6 or older does not have this problem. Using Firefox does not have this issue.

Workaround:

Use Firefox instead of IE. Or change to HTTP instead of using SSL.

Alternatively, edit NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/cmapps/WEB-INF/web.xml, and change the nocache param value from true to false. That is, by default, the web.xml file will have:

nocache

true

Change the param-value from true to false, then restart CiscoWorks Daemon Manager.

(Note: NMSROOT is the path into which CiscoWorks is installed. By default, this is /opt/CSCOpx on Solaris and C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx on Windows.)

That did not work even after a server reboot.

"Cannot download uthostpt.do from server"

I should also mention that we had to patch 2 files because we could not run cmexport utdata into .xml format. The two files were:

DEEUTProccessor.class and utng.jar

Please post NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/cmapps/WEB-INF/web.xml .

web.xml attached

Can you try Firefox to rule out any other problems with generating the export? If that works, then you will need to wait until next Monday for CM 5.0.3 to be released to get the fix.

Yes, I can export to .csv with Mozilla Firefox. Will wait for the patch and let you know, thanks.

Wasn't there a way to schedule this in LMS 2.5?

Was that functionality lost?

Cheers,

Michel

Reports can still be scheduled, but due to IE security restrictions, they cannot be exported when SSL is enabled and caching is enabled. This is being fixed in CM 5.0.3.

Thanks Joe,

I was thinking of scheduling exporting the usertracking data.

Not via a report but directly to a csv on the server.

I'm pretty sure I've done that in lms 2.5

But I will visit that customer soon to see what I did back then.

Cheers,

Michel

Joe

Will exporting UT data in .xml file format on the server be included in 5.0.3?

It exists today using the cmexport command:

cmexport ut -u admin -p admin -host -query All

Thanks, I am using that already. I meant a scheduled proceedure in lms that will create the file on a regular basis as did user tracking did for .csv files in version 2.5

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: