Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netflow on SUP720B

Hi,

we've got the problem wiht our 6500 SUP720B - the Netflow table (the hardware Netflow table on PFC) is too small, it's getting full in 1-2 seconds, for 720XL it's getting full in 3-5 seconds, but the smallest export time is 8 second (normal age timer), which means that we're loosing too much information and can't use Netflow data for the analisys.

I see the software-switched packets (which are going via MSFC) in Netflow data without problem because MFSC use it's own software Netflow table, but normally via MFSC is going only small part of traffic ~0.01% or something, the GRE traffic, management and so on.

I found that there was command "flow-sampler <>" to fill the Netflow table as "random sampling" (like in GSR12000), but release notes states for 12.2SXF and SXH that feature is not supported.

I'm asking myself what do I wrong?

and

how that could be that for the device, which recomened to use in Service Provider envainroment, the Netflow feature can't be use.

Can anyone help?

1 Reply 1
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card