cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What IPCC X Step to dial an extension

SBCdd7343
Level 1
Level 1

I know you can do a call consult transfer or redirect step, but is there a step to meet my below needs.

When initial welcome message comes on the first thing message needs to say is "if you know your party's extension, you may dial it at any time". Is there a way to do this without having the caller to get to a call consult or redirect step first? The goal is NOT to have to have the caller press say 1 if you know your party's extension, then send them to a redirect and there they enter the extension.

The goal is to allow them from main menu to dial extension at any time.

thanks in advance,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

One way to do this is by using a menu object. If your DNs begin with 2, for example, make menu option 2 a dial by extension option. In the dial by extension branch, use a Get Digit String step to capture the rest of the digits for the extension. Then, prepend a 2 and use a Call Redirect step to transfer the call. Take a look at the Dial By Extension section of the following document. This document is specifically for CUE, but the basic concept applies.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/cue-custom-scripts-start.pdf

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

One way to do this is by using a menu object. If your DNs begin with 2, for example, make menu option 2 a dial by extension option. In the dial by extension branch, use a Get Digit String step to capture the rest of the digits for the extension. Then, prepend a 2 and use a Call Redirect step to transfer the call. Take a look at the Dial By Extension section of the following document. This document is specifically for CUE, but the basic concept applies.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/cue-custom-scripts-start.pdf

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon, this was exactly what I was looking for.