Hi,

I am trying to upgrade CUE from -

- application mode: CCME to CCM

When l try to carry out the following command, i receive this error message -

se-10-115-254-2# software install clean

software install clean

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

I have tried this with the config attached below.

Any help would be grateful.

Thanks,

James

11 Replies 11

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi James,

Did you pre-configure the ftp server for the software download?

The steps are nicely detailed here;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a008064172a.shtml#t7

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. When i enter the conf t from CUE i do not see the software command - see below -

se-10-115-254-2> conf t

Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.

se-10-115-254-2(config)> ?

backup Save data to a server

ccn Telephony application

clock software clock

default Return a configuration value to its default

end Exit from configure mode

exit Exit configuration mode

groupname Group descriptions and accounts

hostname set the system name

ip internet protocol

log System event messages

no delete configuration command

ntp Network Time Protocol

privilege Privileges

username User descriptions and accounts

voicemail voicemail application

se-10-115-254-2(config)> software download server url

software download server url

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

try this it should work

software download clean url ftp://ftp-ip address/cue-packagefile.pkg username "ftp-username" password "ftp-password"

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi James,

Did you first do a Backup? I'm not positive that coomand is available until after the Backup has been completed.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

I am just breaking up on annual leave for a couple of days, so l will try this when l get back in the office.

Once l have tried the back-up l will update this post.

Thanks,

James

Hi Rob,

I have successfully backed up my CUE config, but when l come back online l am still unable to get the software command in CLI.

On the URL it mentions that going from CME to CCM or vice versa is not supported, l would still think that l should be able to get the software command to try and upgrade the version of software that l do have though.

Any suggestions/thoughts?

Thanks,

James

Sorry, forgot to add the back up txt file and commands from conf t.

Thanks,

James

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi James,

I'm sorry, I completely missed the fact that you are trying to change from CME to CCM. you are probably looking at a re-install here :(

If your system is already configured, you cannot change the license type from Cisco Unified CallManager to Cisco Unified CallManager Express. To make that change, you must reinstall and reconfigure the system. The data cannot be restored.

However, you can change the license type prior to running the initialization wizard.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel2_3/install/upg_lic.html

You cannot move the CUE config between CME and CCM. You will need to order the proper License for use with CCM. Have a look;

Your system probably came with a License like this for CME (Note the CME at the end of the part#);

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express

12-mailbox package: SCUE-LIC-12CME=

What you really need is a License like this for CCM (Note the CCM at the end of the part#);

12-mailbox package: SCUE-LIC-12CCM=

From this good doc;

Upgrading or Downgrading the Cisco Unity Express License in the Same Version

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel3_1/installation/guide/upglic31_ps5520_TSD_Products_Installation_Guide_Chapter.html

CallManager for Cisco Unity Express Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_configuration_example09186a0080289ef0.shtml

Hope this helps! Sorry James.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for getting back to me on the upgrade of CME to CCM CUE.

What l was trying to set-up was in a lab scenario for me to test & play with CUCM versions, so no harm done.

Thanks for all your help with this post.

Cheers,

James

Hi,

IF I didn't run the configuration wizard how can I change from CCM to CME ?

Kind regards,

`tophe

Hi 'tophe,

I have not tried the suggestion on one of the above posts -

If your system is already configured, you cannot change the license type from Cisco Unified CallManager to Cisco Unified CallManager Express. To make that change, you must reinstall and reconfigure the system. The data cannot be restored.

However, you can change the license type prior to running the initialization wizard.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel2_3/install/upg_lic.html

You cannot move the CUE config between CME and CCM. You will need to order the proper License for use with CCM. Have a look;

Your system probably came with a License like this for CME (Note the CME at the end of the part#);

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express

12-mailbox package: SCUE-LIC-12CME=

What you really need is a License like this for CCM (Note the CCM at the end of the part#);

12-mailbox package: SCUE-LIC-12CCM=

You may want to try this and see if downloading a CCM file and trying a re-install works?

Let me know how you get on.

Regards,

James

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: