Ext forwarding? Unity/CCM4.1

Unanswered Question
Apr 17th, 2008

I have several users that will be working out of their homes. We setup a private analog line in their home. We are forwarding their corporate (CCM) extension to the analog line. The problem is, after the no answer would like the Unity vm to kick in. Is this possible? Has anyone one else done this successfully? I understand the cisco mobility would do this, but we cannot install this yet.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rob.huffman Thu, 04/17/2008 - 07:26

Hi Walter,

Here is one way to do this;

In this example you would need the Telco provider to set up a Forward No Answer to the Unity Pilot # for each of the Private Analog lines .

In Unity set up Alternate Extensions so that the Analog Line is an Alternate Extension for the specified user. So if the User DN is 5555 and the Analog Line is xxx-yyy-wwww;

Configure Alternate Extensions

Open the Unity System Administrator web page.

Navigate to the subscriber's profile. Select Subscribers > Find and Select a Subscriber > Enter Subscriber Information then click Find and click the Subscriber's name for the subscriber that owns the primary phone (DN 5555).

When the subscriber page comes up, select the Alternate Extensions option and click Add.

Enter the alternate extension number (in this case xxx-yyy-wwww) and click the Save icon.

When Unity sees the clid of xxx-yyy-wwww it will play the 5555 Greeting :)

From this good Unity doc;

Sharing a Cisco Unity Voice Mail Box between Two or More IP Phones

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_configuration_example09186a008015ceec.shtml#steps

Hope this helps!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion