cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

intervlan routing on 3560 SMI switches

nileshmathure
Level 5
Level 5

Will intervlan routing be supported on Mfg Part# WS-C3560-24TS-S ?

the following document states that i will EMI or IP services image but I thought I will ask.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk815/technologies_configuration_example09186a008015f17a.shtml

Regards

Nilesh

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Nilesh

All 3560 switches are L3 switches so they will all support inter-vlan routing.

You don't need to have the IP Services, the Base image will support inter-vlan routing with static routing/RIP/EIGRP stub.

If you want to run EIGRP/OSPF then you would need the IP Services.

Jon

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Nilesh

You should certainly be able to do inter VLAN routing on a 3560 switch whether it is standard image or enhanced image. It is my understanding that the differences between the images are what routing protocols are supported (standard image gives you RIP and static routes while for protocols like EIGRP you need the enhanced image).

I looked through the link that you provided and it looks to me like the place you are talking about which says that you must have Enhanced or IP Services image is talking about doing fallback bridging not basic inter VLAN routing.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card