Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM 3.1 and LMS 2.6 on same server

emaamur2006
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

First qn, is ok to install CSM on the same server as LMS?

I have installed CSM 3.1 on the same server as LMS 2.6, installation went fine but now i cant access LMS as CSM has now taken the port 1741 which was meant for the LMS Http access, how can i be able to access both applications ?

Stupid qn yes, but when i read the prerequietes , i didnt see any issues or maybe i missed something . Any help will be highly appreciated

MM

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS 2.6 and CSM 3.1 cannot be installed on the same server. Such a configuration is not supported. However, even when installed on separate machines, you can still integrate the two DCRs, and use Single Sign On across both servers.

Much appreciated Joe

Thanks

Hi Joe

One more qn, If i use another server for CMS, i will need to install common services on it, can i use the same version, CD (License) for common services that i have on my current LMS ? I mean, would i have some issues with licensing ? Must i buy another LMS, that is Common services, as i can buy it as a standalone ?

Regards

MM

Hi

I have unistalled CSM but i still have some issues accessing LMS, when i browse it , it still goes to CSM, although i have uninstalled it. I can access Common services and resource manager from the server itself but cant see any of the other components of LMS

Any idea how i can go around this, i know LMS is still there but i cant access some of the applications

Thanks in advance

MM

You will need to first uninstall BOTH CSM and LMS, then reinstall LMS from scratch. You could then restore any previous good LMS backup.

You will need to install Common Services on both servers. Common Services is unlicensed, but CSM has its own license. So you will need a license for LMS, and a license for CSM. These should have been included when you purchased each bundle.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: