Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Net flow on per interface

I am trying to enable net flow on interface of 6500 series switch ,I am using Sup720 3BXL. version SXH. For some reason the command "ip route-cache flow" not supported . Can any one know the correct command ?

4 Replies 4

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

what version of sxh do you have?

Cisco IOS Release 12.2(33)SXH and later releases support per-interface NDE, which enables PFC NetFlow data collection on a per-interface basis. With releases earlier than Release 12.2(33)SXH, NetFlow on the PFC could be only be enabled and disabled globally.

Good Doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/configuration/guide/netflow.html

You may just need to upgrade!

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I have Cisco 12.2(33) SXH.Still for some reason i couldn't able to do it. Can you help me in fixing the problem? when i tab ip on interface mode, it suppose to print "route"- and next cache..

Thanks

Kiran

Use the command "ip flow ingress" on the interface you want to configure netflow on.

Here is the info :

Cisco#conf t

Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.

cisco(config)#int gi3/1

Cisco(config-if)#ip flow ingress

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

Cisco(config-if)#ip ?

Interface IP configuration subcommands:

access-group Specify access control for packets

admission Apply Network Admission Control

arp Configure ARP features

auth-proxy Apply authenticaton proxy

dhcp Configure DHCP parameters for this interface

dhcp DHCP

header-compression IPHC options

igmp IGMP interface commands

rsvp RSVP interface commands

rtp RTP parameters

verify verify

vrf VPN Routing/Forwarding parameters on the interface

Cisco(config-if)#ip

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: