cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPS Tab in ASDM

mirjam_ehb
Level 1
Level 1

Hy i have a ASA5520 whit the SSM_AIP10 Module installd.. I can not connect to the Module via ASDM (ther is a Tab IPS) can someone help me?

Thanks and salutation from switzerland..

9 Replies 9

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

Make sure the ASA has access to the managment address on the IPS sensor. Also, add the ASA asa a host which is allowed to connect to the IPS in the IPS config.

service host

network-settings

access-list /32

Thank you for the answer.. But the FW is alredy in the ACL...

Can you ping the IPS from the ASA?

Yes i can ping the Module from ASA

Does it prompt you for username/password?

no after i click on the IPS Tab it comes an error message:

Error connetcting to the sensor.Error Loading Sensor

what version of ASA software and IPS software?

I had this problem when I was using ASA 7.1 and 7.2 with IPS 5.1(7). Old ASA with New IPS combination.

You may want to ensure that your Access List allows the IP address of the firewall to contact it.

*Addition* - You need to do this through your SSM configuration. You can EASILY do this by quickly running through your "setup" option and when it gets to "Modify Access-lists" Just say yes.. it will then ask what you want to permit, just punch in your firewall IP address. You can then hit enter till you get to the last stage and hit 2 to save the config and reload.

no but the FW is in the ACL.. i can ping the Moduls from the FW.. i use Version 6.0 and ASA 7.2.(3)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: