cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup ACS

jpzarate
Level 1
Level 1

I want to upgrade an ACS appliance 1113 with the version 4.0.1.44 at 4.1.4.13. the steps for the upgrade know them. But I have doubts about if I will lose data in the database, since it is very important.

Thank you

regards

8 Replies 8

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

No , you will not loose your database but it is highly recommended to take a backup before you start with the upgrade.

Upgrade path will be 4.0--->4.1.1---->4.1.4

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Thanks.

Now I have another doubt.

can an ACS solution engine keep the log of another ACS solution engine?

for then to visualize them with the remote agent in another machine.

Thanks again

No, ACS se can't store logs for other acs but acs can send logs to the system running remote agent. Remote logging.

Do rate helpful posts

Thank you again.

I would like to know if a remote agent can have more than a "config provider" listening in different ports. For example:

ConfigProviderHost=17.134.100.2

ConfigProviderHost=20.134.100.2

ConfigProviderPort=2003

ConfigProviderPort=2004

is this possible?

Thanks

Yes, that is possible. You need to edit csagent.ini file of remote agent.

On the system running remote agent , open ini file and add one more configproviderhost.

C:\Program Files\Cisco\CiscoSecure ACS Agent.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Hi There!

I've got a Question regarding to the Backup of an ACS Service Engine ver 3.3.3.11. A couple of days ago I've upgraded the ACS Service Engine from ver 3.2.2 to ver 3.3.3.1 following the upgrade path to finally have the 4.1 version installed. The upgrade to the ver 3.3.3 was succesfull, it conserved the database and continue to autenticate the users, BUT when I wanted to make a Backup of the ACS via FTP it shows this error message:

"1. Manual Backup Started"

"2. CSBackupRestore(OUT) export function exportSnmpConfig in DLL D:\Program Files\Cisco Secure ACS v3.3\Support\backupRestoreSupport.dll FAILED"

"3. Backup failed due to FTP error. The server name or address could not be resolved"

Prior to the upgrade I could make backup copies of the ACS configuration (in the ver 3.2.2), so the ftp is working.

Any Ideas??? I'll be very thankfull for any assistance. Thanks in advanced!

please change the Directory in ACS backup setting to just " / " and see if this works.

Hello,

yesterday I upgrades my appliance ACS 1113 of the version 4.0.1.44 to the 4.1.4.13. (4.0.1.44 - 4.1.1.23 - 4.1.4.13).

And in the process, my database corrupted. I have lost users and groups with EAP-FAST authentication.

Now, I need CD 4.0.1.44 to restore the backup database, and then to convert it at 4.1 version. But I don't have CD instalation of the 4.0. Could you give me?.

PD. What happened? You told me that it would not lose my database.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: