Views
Helpful
Replies

CNR and GSS integration

rbarroshpcsc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I have a GSS with the CNR module installed.The purpose of this system is to work as a full DNS server.

From what I read, when a DNS request arrives, it is first attended by the GSS. When he is not able to handle it, the GSS passes the request to the CNR software.

Do I need to configure anything so this interaction can take place?

How can I create an MX record on the CNR?

The questions may seem stupid but I am a newbie to CNR and DNS architecture...:(

Thank you

2 Replies 2

htarra
Level 4
Level 4

Yes - see the following product bulletin:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/contnetw/ps4162/prod_bulletin0900aecd806742e3.html

That's normal - the basic GSS does not need a license, only the DDOS and CNR components need to be licensed.

It depends on if you want to use the DDoS or CNR features on the GSS. If you want to use the GSS as a global server laod balancer then you do not need these new licenses.

However, if you want to use the DDoS or CNR feature then you must purchase and apply the licenses.

thanks for your reply htarra.

I already have CNR installed.

My problem lies in the interaction between CNR and GSS...I read in cisco documentation that when GSS can't resolve an URL, it passes the request to CNR. Is this interaction automatic or do I have to configure something?

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: