cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS 6.0.2 IM Problem

williamsutton
Level 1
Level 1

I can IM somebody in our company but they try to IM me back and i can't get it. It say's i'm offline or the message can't be sent.

15 Replies 15

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You have an issue with the SIP Proxy. Presence is taken care through SIP messages.

I would restart the Presence Engine, then restart the SIP Proxy. Once restarted, log out of the CUPC Client and log back in.

tried that, no luck

Thanks

Can other presence user contact other presence users? or is just you that does not work?

We can communicate one way to each other.

Thanks

You have SIP problem with ACL incoming/outgoing.

Make sure in your ACL incoming / outgoing are set "all"

they are set up as "all" on both incoming and outgoing

Thanks

Well, not sure then because the only way messages are sent to each other is through SIP. Can you check on your Troubleshooter on the CUPS server to see if there are any errors?

Everything has green check marks in Troubleshooter

Thanks for your help

Was it working before and just stopped or is this a new install?

Thanks!

new install

If you have a subscriber in the mix, shut it down and concentrate on one server to fix the problem.

I would completely reboot the Presence server to clear it out. From the Console login

utils systems restart

yes

Takes about 5 minutes or so for the reboot take.

Log off your clients for about 60 seconds or, then log back in.

You could also have a DNS problem. Try changing all your references to the cups server to IP address. (in the server configs)

How to set it to "all"?

i am running into the same .

do i need to add

1. description as 'all'

2. address pattern as 'all'

?

Correct. Description can be anything, but address pattern needs to be set to "all" (no quotes of course)

Appreciate it, but it did not work.

I am sniffing the Presence server port and noticed all the CUPC clients reporting "Destination port unreachable". Not sure why, its a simple routed network with 4 differnt VLAN. Client PC has no firewall and no network firewall either between the VLAN.

Please note, i am having issues with IM feature alone, rest works with no issues.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: