cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP Stub Question

ftikphillips
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking at using a 4560 Sup II plus in one of my offices and was trying to get more information about the EIGRP Stub feature.

Day one I will peer with my MPLS router to exchange routes between the router and switch.

I may later add a Metro Ethernet link between this site and another site where I would want to advertise routes over the Metro Ethernet link just between the two switches.

Can I use stub in two different EIGRP processes in this fashion if I don't want to send routes from the second (remotely connected over Metro Ethernet) to my local MPLS router?

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Kevin

As far as I know there should not be a problem to configure 2 EIGRP processes and to configure the stub feature in both of them. Using 2 processes will prevent advertising routes learned in 1 process to the neighbor in the other process.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

And I am ok with one process not advertising to the other.

Thanks!

Kevin

If you configure 2 EIGRP processes they will not advertise to each other and not advertise prefixes learned from the other process unless you configure redistribution between the processes. So your switch would learn prefixes from both neighbors and would have knowledge of the subnets of each neighbor but would not advertise subnets from one neighbor to the other neighbor. Assuming that is what you want then yes you are ok.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card