Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alarm in a HD

Hi all, I have the next problem:

There is an alarm in a HardDisk of my Unity server MCS7835.

Are there any possiblities for fix that?

Any suggestions is aprecited.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I just had a 7845 with the new 10k 72gb drives fail. Went to a "red solid light". Tried to remove the drive, insert it again thinking it would rebuild, but no luck. Failure. Opened a TAC case, they are having HP ship a new drive.

You can open up the HP RAID Array and see which drive has failed. You will probably need to pull the drive, insert it again and see if it rebuilds. If not, RMA it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

Can you provide more information about the alarms you are recieving from the harddisk which will help us in understanding the issue better and providing a solution.

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I just had a 7845 with the new 10k 72gb drives fail. Went to a "red solid light". Tried to remove the drive, insert it again thinking it would rebuild, but no luck. Failure. Opened a TAC case, they are having HP ship a new drive.

You can open up the HP RAID Array and see which drive has failed. You will probably need to pull the drive, insert it again and see if it rebuilds. If not, RMA it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: