cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7961 Frequently Reboots

fultont
Level 1
Level 1

We have several 7961 phones which reboot after each call, any idea on how to resolve this? I know it's not the switch, port or network cable as other phones work fine using the same switch port and network cable

8 Replies 8

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Upgrade to latest firmware

Can we reproduce the issue?

Which CCM version

Shared lines?

All phones? All phones same switch?

Let us know more details

Thanks

We're currently running firmware 8.3.3 but have had similar issues with firmware 8.0.1 till now.

As for same switches - no. multiple switches / multiple locations

If I replace the phone, the replacement phone does not have a problem. However the replaced phone repeats it's problem regards of the switch, port, network cable.

We're running CCM 4.2.3 and the phone has no shared lines.

We'll try the 8.3.4SR1 firmware on Monday. I did not see the release notes on this version. What is issues are resolved in it?

Upgraded to 8.3.4SR1 with the same results. The only difference is the screen does not go blank now

What are your switch types? 3550? Do they support the 802.3af poe standard?

All of the switches support POE. They're either 3750s or 3560's. In this particular case, the same port and cabling works on majority of the phones and on other phones it simply freezes.

Are all of the phones the same type, 7961Gs or 7961G-GEs or a mixture?

They're all 7961Gs

vince.castro
Level 1
Level 1

Lots of bugs in 8.3.3 i would suggest going back to 8.2.2sr1 instead. We avoided going to 8.3.3 because of all the instabilities. Sorry..