cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7961 Speaker Stays Lit

fultont
Level 1
Level 1

We have several 7961 phones which worked for a period of time but now are stuck with the speaker light lit. We tried several hard resets but nothing seems to clear the problem.

5 Replies 5

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Try latest firmware

Are they registered?

Speaked enabled or disabled in CCMAdmin?

Let us know more details

Phones will registered and have the speaker enabled. After first call, phone locks up, speaker light is lit, and phone is unregistered in CCM. I've tried the alternate factory reset code and reloaded the firmware with same result.

We're currently running firmware 8.3.3 but have had similar issues with firmware 8.0.1 till now.

As for same switches - no. multiple switches / multiple locations

If I replace the phone, the replacement phone does not have a problem. However the replaced phone repeats it's problem regards of the switch, port, network cable.

We're running CCM 4.2.3 and the phone has no shared lines.

We'll try the 8.3.4SR1 firmware on Monday. I did not see the release notes on this version. What is issues are resolved in it?

Upgraded to 8.3.4SR1 with the same results. The only difference is the screen does not go blank now

I have the same issue with my 7961 phone. IS there any fix for this issue?

Thanks

I haven't found one and since we don't carry maintenance on them - I'm screwed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: