IOS upgrades

Unanswered Question
Overall Rating: 2 (1 ratings)
guruprasadr Sat, 04/19/2008 - 09:20

HI,[Pls Rate if HELPS]

The same Topic has been discussed few days before and refer link below, it has the Guidelines to follow.;jsessionid=665D14236B270FE52549324BCB46562E.SJ4B?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=WAN%2C%20Routing%20and%20Switching&topicID=.ee71a06&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc048c8

Hope I am Informative.

Pls Rate if HELPS

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

Hi, you can serch IOS version by features that are required on your network, ex: VIOP or PIM sparse mode. By using the feature navigator you can find out which IOS has the features you want. If your devices are working and reachable by ping then upgrading the IOS is not a requirement but it's alway a good ideal to have a newer version saved on your HD for future upgrades. HTH

Welcome to Cisco Feature Navigator

Cisco Feature Navigator allows you to quickly find the right Cisco IOS and CatOS software release for the features you want to run on your network.

fherlan Wed, 04/23/2008 - 05:23

I subscribed to a Cisco mailing list called "Cisco Product Alert Tool (PAT)". Every time they find a security issue in a device (device group, e.g. "Catalyst Switches") I receive a mail with information regarding the recommended action and/or workarround.

Then I decide: If I don't use an affected service on a box - because it's not enabled - I consider it as pretty secure. If I use an affected service, I try to upgrade to the latest, bug-free IOS version.

That's what I was talking about...

This Discussion