cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM6.1 Big delay for call.

sun_sazanov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I have CCM 6.1 and 2821 with vic2/4fxo, connected over h323. When i call on dn lets' ok, but when i call on PSTN over prefix (i have configered pattern for call on PSTN) i have delay 20-30 second whith the moment of a set of number also it is prior to the beginning call. How i can fix it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stoyan Stoitsev
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

If you don't have overlapping patterns and dn's then something you should check is the T302 timer under System>Service Parameters. The default is 15s but you can try lowering it to about 4s.

"This parameter specifies an interdigit timer for sending the SETUP ACK message. The timer restarts each time Cisco CallManager receives a digit. When this timer expires, Cisco CallManager routes the dialed digits."

Second thing is to make sure you have Allow Overlap Sending checkbox unchecked under Route Pattern Configuration. That is Call Routing>Route/Hunt>Route Pattern.

BR,

Stoyan

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

have you verified there is no overlapping that could be causing that?

javalenc

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

how i can verify it? i thing delay configure in setup.

let's say you use 9 for outside calls, is there anything else that starts with 9?? i don't mean only route patterns, ANYTHING else within the whole dial plan?

javalenc

HTH

java

I'm interested what else can override route pattern and doing delay of 20 secs?

Do you mean translation patterns? What else can do delay for call?

ANYTHING, DNs for phones, Route patterns, translation patterns, etc. all that can have a DN whether it's only numerals or includes wildcards can affect the interdigit timeout (IDT)

usually the translation patterns will route immediately because of the urgent priority checkbox but if you have a TP that has more digits and starts with the same one they can cause IDT

almost all people believes that only route patterns affect it but anything within the dial plan affects this.

if cucm DB there is a table called numplan and a field in there is called DNorPattern, ALL that shows up in there can affect IDT.

not only that, with the CUCM 4.1(X) release when you delete a DN or another element it might not be deleted permanently but will go into some kind of recycle bin, in order to delete it completely you need to go to the route plan, choose from the drop-down menu unassigned DNs and do a blank search. all that shows up in there can affect IDT even if it's not assigned to something in CUCM, it's in the DB and it's taken into consideration for the digit analysis

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Stoyan Stoitsev
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

If you don't have overlapping patterns and dn's then something you should check is the T302 timer under System>Service Parameters. The default is 15s but you can try lowering it to about 4s.

"This parameter specifies an interdigit timer for sending the SETUP ACK message. The timer restarts each time Cisco CallManager receives a digit. When this timer expires, Cisco CallManager routes the dialed digits."

Second thing is to make sure you have Allow Overlap Sending checkbox unchecked under Route Pattern Configuration. That is Call Routing>Route/Hunt>Route Pattern.

BR,

Stoyan

Thanks. I change t302 and let's ok.

Great to hear it worked for you!

BR,

Stoyan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: