Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring PRI E1 line to recive Calls

prajothpj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

how do i configure 2851 CME router with VWIC-IMFT-E1 to recive Calls and another VIC-4FXO for otgoing calls.

any one can please help to setup this .please find my sho run configuration here

8 Replies 8

for your VWIC-1MFT-E1

controller E1 0/0/0

framing NO-CRC4

linecode (HDB3 or AMI)

pri-group timeslots 1-30

The above configuration automatically creates the following:

Interface Serial 0/0/0:15 (D channel interface)

no ip address

isdn switch-type (find out from telco what the switch type is)

isdn incoming-voice voice

no cdp enable

and also

voice-port 0/0/0:15

For your FXO's, you just need to put the statement "port 0/2/0" or "port 0/2/1" under the rest of the dial peers that you have marked "FXO pots dial-peer"

For the dial peers marked "E1 PRI pots dial-peer", add the statement "port 0/0/0:15". From there you should be good to go.

Hope that helps.

correction to the above:

pri-group statement should read

"pri-group timeslots 1-31"

Thanks

I will try this . is this configuration will stop outgoing calls through E1 interface . i have to recive all incoming calls through E1 to my opertor phone. and outgoing calls should go through FXO port. If you ca please give me the configuration steps it will be very helpful

Thanks &Regards

Prajoth

Hi dear,

do you have any sample configuration the same scenario, like i have planning to go for PRI E1 line to receive calls and FXO for outgoing calls ,

how to create voice translation-rule for outgoing and incoming

how multiple calls can receive on operator phone.

Thanks

Prajoth

Translation-rules for what ?

With CME 4.3 you can receive up to 8 calls on a phone.

Thanks

Like i have created hunt group to recive all Incoming calls from PRI E1 to operator phone . but im not sure about how it will know where to go . normally in FXO i ussed to mention connection plar opx XXX (extention ) number , here how it will work .

Regards

Prajoth

On the hunt-group, configure the pstn called number as secondary.

Is it possible for you to post your config?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: