LMS2.6 - ACS 4.0 Integration Custom Roles

Answered Question

Hi,

We just had our LMS 2.6 integrated with ACS 4.0. I am now in the process of creating Custom Roles in ACS so that we limit access to Admins at remote sites. I created a CR called CWtest and assigned permissions to CWCommonServices as shown in the screenshot attached. I also limited the access to a specific NDG. Now when I login to CW as the user who has this CR associated with his, I see only the NDG I have access permission to. However, I see all the options grayed out. What am I missing? Any help is appreciated.

TIA.

Attachment: 
Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 8 years 10 months ago

The group must have access not only to the NDG containing the devices, but also the NDG containing the LMS server itself. Therefore, you should create a dedicated NDG just for the CiscoWorks server, and grant your user access to that NDG as well.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Sun, 04/20/2008 - 14:46

The group must have access not only to the NDG containing the devices, but also the NDG containing the LMS server itself. Therefore, you should create a dedicated NDG just for the CiscoWorks server, and grant your user access to that NDG as well.

Actions

This Discussion