Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS2.6 - ACS 4.0 Integration Custom Roles

v_saru
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We just had our LMS 2.6 integrated with ACS 4.0. I am now in the process of creating Custom Roles in ACS so that we limit access to Admins at remote sites. I created a CR called CWtest and assigned permissions to CWCommonServices as shown in the screenshot attached. I also limited the access to a specific NDG. Now when I login to CW as the user who has this CR associated with his, I see only the NDG I have access permission to. However, I see all the options grayed out. What am I missing? Any help is appreciated.

TIA.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The group must have access not only to the NDG containing the devices, but also the NDG containing the LMS server itself. Therefore, you should create a dedicated NDG just for the CiscoWorks server, and grant your user access to that NDG as well.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The group must have access not only to the NDG containing the devices, but also the NDG containing the LMS server itself. Therefore, you should create a dedicated NDG just for the CiscoWorks server, and grant your user access to that NDG as well.

Thank you so much!! - much appreciated.

That is exactly what was missing. I had a dedicated group with CW server as the only member. However, this step was not very clear on the documentation, I believe.

Once I added the CW server group all these options became active when logged in as the restricted user.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: