CCSP

Unanswered Question
Apr 20th, 2008
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Hi Experts ,

Can I take CCSP exams without CCNA certifications.

If i give CCSP papers prior to CCNA will I get CCSP certifications ?

I mean first I want to clear 5 papers of CCSP and then CCNA exam.

Thanks,

Satish

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
tperrier Mon, 04/21/2008 - 00:04
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

You can take the five CCSP exams before the CCNA, but you won't get certified before you pass all six exams (or seven if you opt for the two-exam CCNA format).

jeff.hardee Fri, 04/25/2008 - 08:13
User Badges:

Although you're eager to get through CCSP, I think you should ask yourself why you'd want to skip the CCNA material. The CCNA is the foundation for your next certification steps, whether that be CCSP or CCNP, etc.

If the motivation is that you feel you already know the CCNA material, then I'd suggest taking some good practice tests or the actual test to find out. You may be surprised at what you miss. The CCNA does cover a wide range of material in preparation for digging deeper into the content with the professional level certs.

Ultimately, unless you can skip ahead and sucessfully pass the CCIE: Security track, you won't achieve a Cisco security certification without the CCNA. My suggestion is to take them in order, rather than skipping around, for the benefit of your own understanding and the ability to implement your new knowledge soon after certification.

--Jeff

Actions

This Discussion