ICND1 mission accomplished

Unanswered Question
Apr 21st, 2008

Passed today with 948.

Having access to real equipment helped, sure, but the single best resource I used was the official CCENT/CCNA ICND1 book by Wendell Odom.

I studied and practiced alot before the test, the last week before the test, I could not find the drive to put the hours in, I'm glad that didn't have a negative effect.

The test itself was cake, only one question I didn't really understand. The hardest part was keeping focused before and during the test.

I guess the best thing about passing and scoring well is knowing your self-study methods are working, thats a relief, 'cos you don't *really* know, until you take the test.

Thanks to all those who've shared their experiences in these forms good and bad.

ICND2 in about 4-6 weeks!

Jason

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Dean Brandt Mon, 04/21/2008 - 16:46

Well done Jason, I passed mine today too, my score was a little lower than yours but a more than comfortable pass. I agree....Wendell Odom's book was my main avenue for study, as well as some old 2500 series routers, and a 2950 switch. I also used Chris Bryant's notes, found them very simple to read and ultimately it confirms what you have already read in an easy fashion.

I had the same issue with the lead up to the exam. I couldn't get motivated to read on any more. I lightly brushed over the notes last night and wandering along to the exam centre I felt that maybe I wasn't prepared. This changed when I started, it was quite an easy experience.

ICND2 is next....8 weeks!

Dean

Actions

This Discussion